Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful and Grateful and Fine

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is the time to give thanks for what you have.  There is no yearning for more.  There is no sadness.  There is only supposed to be joy for what you have at this moment, right now.  A few of my friends made it their mission to have a moment of thanks each day this month.  I am going to do the same but in one neat lump.

I am thankful for:

  1. Technology, so that I may talk with my sisters and family and friends and see them each day
  2. My Diva, who is wondrous in her teen ways and who still holds my hand
  3. My Mom and Dad, who helped shape me
  4. My Grandparents, who I got to know and love and who still inspire me
  5. My Sister, who I got to see grow up into the beautiful woman she is today
  6. My Brother, My Aunts and Uncles and Cousins who make up my crazy family
  7. My Mommy friends, who are the backbone of my world and who I cannot live without
  8. My house and the town where I live and the great people who I have met here
  9. The parents who help me run Girl Scouts and who inspire my kids to do great things
  10. Scouting programs, which teach respect for the earth and helping our fellow humans
  11. The Teachers who help me learn more about my kids and teach them wonderful things
  12. The church community that I have reconnected to
  13. My Coven who taught me what I know and make my soul dance
  14. The crazy cats that share our house
  15. My most wonderful Husband who I will always be in love with
  16. My country, for all its flaws I am still grateful I live here
  17. The seasons and the gifts that they bring us
  18. Education and the ability to read and find truth
  19. The Spirit that binds us all together
  20. ME!
  21. My Boy, who both makes me laugh and cringe at the same time
  22. Having access to medicine and doctors and trainers and people who can help you
  23. Having all of my senses and somewhat healthy body
  24. The Creativity that flows through me so that I may quilt and paint and bead and enjoy
  25. Music which has always been a true love of mine
  26. My Husband having a job and in doing lets me be the Mom that I want to be
  27. Access to good food and water and having a choice
  28. Living in an age where I am a woman equal with men
  29. The people who have touched my life, even in a small way, and that I hope I have done the same
  30. My Hummingbird,  who lights up my world with her charm and smile
Thank YOU for reading ,
DM

No comments:

Post a Comment