Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Dear Youngest Daughter

My Sweet Hummingbird,

When I started this Blog, it was easy for me to find a nickname for the oldest and the youngest.  I remember asking you for ideas and you weren't sure.  We thought of "Bouncy" and "Squeak" and you didn't like that at all. You wanted to use something that sounded like your name but I said no.  Then inspiration hit me.

You are a Hummingbird.

Hummingbirds are small and light and they flit quickly from flower to flower.  They are constantly in motion...and that is you and has always been you.  I think you were the only one of my babies that liked having the bouncy seat on vibrate.  They thrive in the daylight (5:am wake up call) and then they sleep when the sun goes down (one time you went to bed at 4:pm and you refused to wake up for dinner, you slept  for 14 hours and then you were ready for play).  Hummingbirds are detail oriented.  They can hover, fly backwards and stop in mid air.  They bring in Joy...and do you bring in the JOY!

Your laugh always started from down in your toes and would bubble up through you.  You light up a room when you walk into it.  You may not get all the attention (as the Diva does) but people will seek you out to sit with you and talk to you.  You have a wonderful insight to different things...you always take a unique spin on what it is you are reading or working on.  You always have an answer.  Hummingbirds also symbolize the wonder at the universe and taking note of everything around you.  You have always had such a love and zest for life, and even when I tell you that you can't take another class or do another thing...there you are, doing it anyway.

You never forget anyone in your family.  Even when you were 3 you would ask for a lollipop for your sister.  Your sincerity is genuine and your affection and love is true.  You are a very loyal friend.  I think sometimes you try too hard to be everyone's friend.  You never want to hurt anyone's feelings but you do let them walk all over you.

You hate to be bored which is why you flit from thing to thing.  Your energy is boundless, like the hummingbird.  Its also why sometimes you suffer from anxiety.  You can't seem to turn your mind off and you are always running scenarios in your head or going over the schedule or a list.  You get a little bossy sometimes too if we "are going to be late" or "where is that book/website I need it RIGHT NOW".  You can't take no for an answer.  You will do it yourself if the answer is no.

In other words, the apple doesn't fall too far from this tree.

Today is your birthday.  I hope it is filled with all the wonder and joy that YOU bring to our little world.  I hope you are as happy as you make me.  I love you my sweet girl.  Happy Birthday, My Hummingbird.

No comments:

Post a Comment