Monday, June 6, 2011

Hello Viewers...

The times they are a-changin...

I have alot of great ideas...and then I get distracted and can't follow through...OR someone does it so much better than me and I don't even try...  Well, that all has to change - Starting Here, Starting Now - because I am not growing as a person or as a witch or as a mom...

Let's back up, many years ago (13) I became a mom and I wanted to start a Pagan Parenting Site for Pagan Parents to talk and be connected through the divine and us.  And I didn't do anything about it because I had a girl baby and a job and I was planning my wedding and then I got laid off and then we moved and then I was pregnant again and then I...

Any mom or dad can tell you how this ends...with not a whole lot getting done in the spirituality department...

So 3 baby humans later, a crisis occurs...my children are all independent (well, they are potty trained and can be trusted to not burn the house down) and I am not needed/but needed.  I can do stuff on my own (I can read for 30 minutes uninterrupted while not in the bathroom! woo!)!!  ACK!

So *now* I go and (thanks to an awesome HomeSchoolWitchMom) get pointed to a whole bunch of pagan blogs...the ones I wanted to write..."well, crap - I think to myself - I guess I will have to find another way to be spiritual and get my thoughts out."

Yeah, except that isn't working... I went to the UU Church by me and while I like it and the people, the services are not for me.  I do try to participate - singing in choir, running Pagan Sabbats - and it is wonderful but its not the same as having a weekly witchie group to talk and to meditate and to regroup.  And if I put off another thing because I "can't" I am just going to curl up in my bed and stay there...and then I ask  "Who is this wuss and when did she EVER roll over?"

Now please note that I have friends - Great Wonderful Mom Friends - who run the course (Born Again, Conservative, Liberal, Frightening Liberal, Homeschool, Public School, Pagan, Catholic) but when we get together we talk about mom stuff - Toddlers Climbing Anything, IEP, Autism, Team Sports, More Homework than the Lord Intended...you get the idea...and I try to advise and help and be there for my friends but I need a space to bathe in the Goddess Light...

Hence, The Blog (has there ever been a worse name than "Blog"...Hmmmm...)

Hence the Web-Slinging (better...)

So I will endeavor to be here on Wednesdays and have a moment...it may be ranting (I have 3 kids, 2 cats, and a hubby)...it may be poetry...it may be a Wine/Food  Review...I could be plugging a friend's shop or reminiscing on my sisters...or talking about the trials/blessings of owning a mortgage...who knows...

I hope to inspire myself and maybe learn a thing or two...So comment and connect and let's
Light Up the World...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdHg2zvVczY


Thank you for reading, Blessed Be,
DiannaMoon

No comments:

Post a Comment